Monday, March 7, 2011

Through the Eyes of a [Megan K.] Bride: The Beginning

Follow us as we take a firsthand look at what planning a wedding entails.  Through the Eyes of a [Megan K.] Bride will be a series full of laughter, great tips and unique ideas.  We love our Megan K. Brides!

The Beginning...

To say that I am thrilled to be getting married is an understatement.  To say that I am thrilled to be a Megan K. bride may be an even bigger understatement.  

For those of you who have ever planned a wedding, or any large event for that matter, you know that hundreds of hours go into planning an event that may only last for half a day.  Although others may not share this opinion, I think planning is the best part of the whole shindig!

Before I go any further into the process of planning a wedding, let me give you some background.  Every wedding tells a different story.  Some are traditional and organized while others are unique and sporadic.  I would say that my story is relaxed traditionalism.

I met my fiance at a church camp when I was in high school and he was just entering college.  Call it fate, luck or His plan, there was a reason that he and I met in that moment (in most normal story lines, a jock and theatre geek never hit it off).  While we’re both meticulously organized and motivated, our interests never originally aligned.  We grew together, experienced new things and ended up falling for one another.  What was just a friendship developed into a love that I can’t describe. Cue Jason Mraz’s Lucky I’m in Love now... ;-)

When my fiance proposed to me, I was caught completely off guard.  Maybe it’s just me, but nothing tops being a part of a well executed surprise - especially an engagement.  After enjoying a night of celebrating with friends and family, we began to think about all that we wanted in a wedding. 

The above intro is rather short.  I could go on and on with sappy details of our love story, but I’ll spare you.  What I won’t spare you with is fun ideas and great tips on planning your big day!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment